Stronger Communities Grants 2021 - Expression of Interest
The Stronger Communities Programme funds small capital projects that will support and encourage community participation in local projects and deliver social benefits to local communities.
Grants are available to community organisations for funding between $2,500 and $20,000. You should read the Grant Opportunity Guidelines at business.gov.au to find out if your project is eligible and to understand what will be required if you are successful.
- Complete the EOI form below before 11:59pm on the 28th February 2021 to be considered by the electorate’s consultation committee.
- If your organisation is nominated for funding, you will be notified by the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources on behalf of Phillip Thompson and invited to apply.
- You will be required to register in the grants portal and complete an online application form. Being invited to apply does not guarantee that your application will be successful. All applications will be assessed by the department for eligibility and completeness.
- If your grant application is approved you will be notified by Phillip Thompson and will be issued a grant agreement by the department.
To be eligible for funding your organisation should
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be not-for-profit
- be invited to apply by your MP – however you do not need to be invited to submit an expression of interest
And be one of the following:
- be a registered incorporated organisation or
- have an eligible project sponsor that is an incorporated not for profit entity that may apply on your behalf (and must meet all eligibility requirements)
- an eligible entity such as a rural fire service or local state emergency service, surf club, P&C or equivalent bodies, child care centres, police and citizen youth club, local aged care body
- a local governing body
- an eligible entity such as an incorporated trustee for a community asset or property, non-distributing co-operative, company limited by guarantee or indigenous not for profit corporation
Small capital works or capital expenditure projects that are able to be completed by 31 December 2021 such as:
- upgrades to sporting facilities; fit-out, alterations and extensions to existing premises and community spaces
- purchase of equipment including motor vehicles, kitchen and office equipment, sporting equipment that remains the property of the organisation
- improvements to public spaces such as bike paths, parks and community gardens
If you have any questions, or are experiencing any problems with the online form, please email [email protected] or call 07 4725 2066.