Planting Trees for The Queen’s Jubilee
What you should know
Planting Trees for The Queen’s Jubilee will mark the significant occasion of Her Majesty’s Jubilee through community tree planting events across Australia.
Grants are available to community organisations and schools for funding between $2,500 and $20,000, with a maximum of 10 projects able to be funded per electorate. You should read the Grant Opportunity Guidelines at business.gov.au to find out if your project is eligible and to understand what will be required if you are successful.
What is the process?
- Complete the expression of interest (EOI) form below before 11:59pm on the 20th of March 2022 to be considered by the electorate’s consultation committee. Please note, the EOI is not a formal grant application. It is expressing your interest to the consultation committee to be nominated to formally apply.
- If your organisation is nominated for funding, you will be notified by the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources on behalf of Phillip Thompson and invited to apply.
- You will be required to register in the grants portal and complete an online application form. Being invited to apply does not guarantee that your application will be successful. All applications will be assessed by the department for eligibility and completeness.
- If your grant application is approved you will be notified by Phillip Thompson and will be issued a grant agreement by the department.
Who can apply?
The following not-for-profit entities are eligible to apply:
- a not-for-profit organisation incorporated in Australia
- an incorporated Trustee on behalf of a Trust
- a Queensland Parents and Citizens’ Association (where the body is prevented from incorporation by its governing legislation but still considered a legal entity)
- a State/Territory Government school in the ACT, QLD, NT or VIC
- a local governing body
What type of projects may be funded?
Community-based tree planting events held across Australia to mark the Jubilee (70 years of service) of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II, in 2022.
Your project must involve:
- At least one formal commemorative event in 2022
- Durable signage or a plaque(s) identifying the plantings are part of The Queen’s Jubilee commemorations
- Planting regionally-appropriate tree species that when mature, have a height of 2 metres or more
The intended outcomes of the program are to:
- increase community awareness and celebration of Her Majesty’s Jubilee.
- create a legacy of tree plantings across the nation for Australians to enjoy that also serve to honour the memory of The Queen and her 70 years of service to Australia and the Commonwealth.
- increase and/or enhance the area of tree canopy.
The eligibility criteria for entities and projects is outlined in the Grant Opportunity Guidelines at business.gov.au. You should read the guidelines and the supporting documents relating to funding recognition and event protocols before submitting this EOI.
It is strongly recommended that you read and understand the guidelines before submitting this EOI, as projects which do not meet the requirements cannot be considered.
If you have any questions, or are experiencing any problems with the online form, please email [email protected] or call 07 4725 2066.
Expressions of interest for this program have closed.