Grants are a great way I can partner with your community organisation to provide financial support.
This page will be regularly updated with information on current grant opportunities. Subscribe to my e-newsletter to stay up-to-date with new rounds.
Safer Communities Round 6 – Early Intervention Grants
Applications close soon for grants of between $200,000 and $1.5 million for early intervention programs for youths who are at high risk of becoming involved with the criminal justice system.
Eligible activities include:
- services to youths who are, or are at high risk of, becoming involved with the criminal justice system, and,
- programs that increase the levels of engagement that youth at high risk have with their local communities, by building resilience, cultural connections and job readiness skills.
EXTENDED TO: 5 August 2021
Powering Communities Program
Grants of between $5,000 and $12,000 are available to not-for-profit community organisations to improve their energy efficiency practices and technologies. This aims to reduce energy use, improve energy productivity and reduce carbon emissions.
Closes: 25 July 2021
National Shed Development Program
Round 22 of the National Shed Development Program closes soon.
Applications requesting the following will be prioritised:
- events/improvements/equipment with a strong health, wellbeing or safety emphasis
- in acknowledgement of the impact of COVID-19 and the needs of Sheds in the recovery period (and beyond), IT equipment and training to facilitate connectivity
Closes: 26 July 2021
Safer Communities Round 6 – Infrastructure Grants
This round of the Safer Communities Fund provides schools and pre-schools, places of religious worship, community organisations and local councils with grants for crime prevention initiatives.
Project activities can include the installation of security infrastructure such as:
- fixed or mobile CCTV cameras
- security lighting
- fencing and gates
- external blast walls and windows
- security and alarm systems
- public address systems
- intercoms and swipe access
- security doors.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help our community and has come about as a direct response to high crime rates in areas such as Townsville.
Closes: 5 August 2021
Saluting Their Service Commemorative Grants Program
Grants of up to $10,000 or $150,000 – depending on the category applied for – are available to preserve Australia’s wartime heritage and involve people around the nation in a wide range of projects and activities that highlight the service and sacrifice of Australia’s service personnel in wars, conflicts and peace operations.
Projects and activities should promote appreciation and understanding of the experiences of service and the roles that those who served have played in shaping the nation.
For more information, and to apply, please visit communitygrants.gov.au.